Answered By: GRA Reference Last Updated: Jun 10, 2016 Views: 163
All of the computers in the Main Library are connected to the two print stations on the 1st floor. One print station is near the reference desk, and the other is in the computer lab.
- When you are in the process of sending something to the printer, you will see a list of available printers. Choose "Library Public Printing B&W" or "Library Public Printing Color," depending on whether you want to print in black and white or in color.
- When you are finished selecting your options and you click on "Print" to send your document to the print station, you will be asked for your name. At this point, you are also able to provide a password, but doing so is optional. The password will prevent someone else from accidentally printing your items. If someone else does print your documents by accident, it does not cost you anything. The money comes out of the other person's FLASHcash account.
- After you have submitted all of your print jobs, go to one of the print stations and swipe your FLASHcard. You will see a list of all the recently-submitted print jobs as well as your current FLASHcash balance. Click on the print job with your name. Multiple print jobs can be selected by holding down the Ctrl key as you click on them.
- Near the bottom of the screen, you will see the total price of your printing above your FLASHcash balance. Click on the "Print" button, and your printing will begin. If someone else's documents are still being printed, yours will be held in memory until they are printed.
- Before you leave the computer at the print station, you should click "Log Off" so that no one else will be able to use your FLASHcash to print. The system will log you off automatically after about 30 seconds.
If you need to add money to your FLASHcard, you can deposit $1, $5, $10, or $20 bills using a machine in the reference area on the 1st floor. You can also deposit money via cash, check, or credit card in the FLASHcard office in the Student Center or via credit card at the FLASHcard website.